1942 Ford GPW Olive Drab SUV 134.2ci 4 Cylinder 41 Miles
1942 Ford GPW 1/4 Ton 4×4 – Commonly Known as a Military Jeep
– Early 1942 with FORD Script
– Period Correct Olive Drab paint with Green Canvas
– 134.2ci 4-Cylinder with 3 Speed Manual and 4WD
– Gold Award from MVPA (Military Vehicle Preservation Association)
– Incredible Period Correct, Show Stopping Ford/Jeep
(Please note: If you happen to be viewing this Ford GPW on a website other than our Garage Kept Motors site, it’s possible that you’ve only seen some of our many photographs of the car due to third-party website limitations. To be sure you access all the more than 155 photographs, as well as a short start-up and walk-around video, please go to our main website: Garage Kept Motors.)
Garage Kept Motors is honored to offer this beautiful Ford GPW – true dedication to U.S. troops from WWII. This vehicle was originally produced for battle but never made it overseas, built in the Chester, PA Ford Plant with a delivery date of February 23, 1942. The vehicle was recently restored from frame up, frame, body, top, running gear, gauges, tires, canvas period correct. The frame is an early MB (Willys) frame stamped serial No. 1573. The highest attention to detail and historical preservation was fulfilled throughout the process, which awarded this GPW with the Gold Award from the Military Vehicle Preservation Association.
Here are the full details of the restoration and significance, all done to original specifications:
– Axles rebuilt with new gears in “F” marked transfer case.
– Firestone tires with correct tread pattern in split rims, right hand/left hand lug nuts.
– Transmission rebuilt with new gears “F” marked with correct with right hand drain holes.
– Original Ford leaf springs with beveled edges and correct clips.
– Body tub restored with all correct “F” marking – back panel “FORD” script.
– Glove box with original early locking latch. Correct pintle hook style.
– New canvas top, half door covering and seats cushion with correct zipper style.
– Motor rebuilt with only 41 miles since completion. Motor serial number 1112 (very rare old motor). Oil tube and dipsticks original correct style for period. Carburetor with markings correct for period.
– Gauges are rebuilt originals. Glass with Ford logo marked. Fire extinguisher correct for period.
– New period correct wiring. Front lights use correct Steelite bulbs, original “F” marked taillight bulbs. Marker lights original.
– Radiator original “F” marked, Hoses, clamps period correct. Oil cleaner housing original with correct stenciling. Generator / starter original with correct name plates. Air Cleaner AC pancake type with original cast solid wing nuts. AC firewall mounted fuel filter (original) and metal fuel pump. Under dash, original hinged style Fillerette. Distributer rebuilt with original cap. Regulator original with correct tag.
– Ax head and shovel are original with correct markings.
Brass Data Plate (on Glove Box):
1942 FORD-GPW 1573
Serial Number 1573
Gross Weight 3125
Lokace: Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States